Wednesday, October 04, 2006

One durian finishes

There ends another production for me. Even though it's only 9 minutes of performance a night, I find myself quite exhausted every day - preparations, warmups, rehearsing lines, rehearsing blocking, the works. Because fiftynine minutes is composed of 7 plays, mine being second-last, I wait another 40-odd minutes after the show starts before I go on.

"So what, you've done Joe's acting class, can stand still for 1 hour also right?"

Yalah, can lah. But no need to lah, I have the whole of Happy Mansion Apartments-vicinity to wander, and smog-filled (damn you, Indonesia!) air to breathe. So what do I do? I convince myself that I can be Javert (Stars) or Jean Valjean (Bring Him Home) should Les Miserables ever do a casting on our shores. Both at the same time also can (The Confrontation). I'm also working on being the Phantom of the Opera but my Music of the Night a bit teruk lah. Nevermind, keep the vocals warmed up and have a little fun while waiting.

Man, what a feeling. I love it. It sucks in that in the end, you NEED that applause, that appreciation, that validation.But once you get it, wooh! What a rush! Yes, I'm a clap-whore. Great way to meet people too... the number of random people I've met surprises me. Loving the whole experience.

Reviews:
Behind The Wheel
Fireangel
KYspeaks
Broken Shield and Sword
A New Day Has Come
Kopi O Satu
: memories of a lost sheep :
Jesus!
VIP - Very Important Princess
Monster blog
Maine Stage
iLLusioNist's ArticLe
~:+:PurpleyPure:+:~

Kakiseni

Okay so it might be a bit generous calling some of them reviews - but hey, lots of them say nice things about me and damned if I don't keep some record of them!

Doing the above formed my first time using Google's BlogSearch - for myself. And the term "smelliest durian". So I thought, why not check out how I do in Google?


The Doppelganger

And that is how I came across my archnemesis (which means the very first nemesis, if you're wondering). He's on Friendster. Steals bikes, then sells them online. Lucky enough to win prizes, the bastard. Apparently does media advertising. But wants to be on a fucking oil rig.

So yes, he's a complete nutjob. And is my bane of useful usernames on web accounts - I'd bet he's taken all the johannlims so I'd have to use shit like dungu-1 and pariahfler. And he's got more hits on Google. How upsetting. At least I'm winning in Google Blogsearch, hah. Have at you, knave.


Malaysian Night 2002?!?

And I also discover my name, correctly attributed to the abovementioned event at my university, but placed as a first year student. In modern dance and ballroom dance. Google's amazing shit, huh. At least it has reminded me of the various university productions I've been involved in... guess I'm more of a stage-whore than I care to admit.


What's next?

Alas and alack, the Broken Bridges re-staging in December has been called off. As tight as that schedule might've been, I was really looking forward to that. It'd be so much fun. I believe that they'll have some mid-year 2007 re-staging instead, which makes more sense. Ipoh is still on though, so tell your homies in Yee-Poh to come: it's on the last weekend of November, ie 24th-26th. Now THAT will be hell-fun. Road trip!

Anyone have any good ideas on how I can make money while still having lots of time to contribute to my theatre-superstar dreams?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

copycat.

2:58 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmphf.

7:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chanced upon ur blog while lookin for the TOS blog....amazin show.... watched it...loved it...n still lovin it! seemed way longer than jus 9 minutes...hope 2 see more frm ya
-kartz

5:39 pm  
Blogger Jo said...

kartz: Thank you very much! If you drop me a line I can keep you updated on what's new, or just pop by over here regularly. You may discover some gems amidst my crap.

e: What, you think it was for you? Me & Pat were just clap-whoring - looking for good stuff about durians. Cheh, get over yourself.

1:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home