Monday, August 28, 2006

Of shows and stories

It's been an awesome week of Broken Bridges (yes everything else has suffered, unfortunately). We've had 1.6321 standing ovation(s?) - yes a scattering of people who so enjoyed the show that they stood up every other night or so. It's such a wonderful feeling having people you know in the audience. Thank you so very much for coming guys + families. If anyone reading this still hasn't come, make sure you bloody do! This is the last week, and Saturday's unavailable, and people are loving it (for the most part). Monday's Star Two (page 13) has a write up on it, here's the online version. Also, kakiseni.com has some feedback from various people on their article, as well as a full review by Nigel Skelchy (who, I am still embarrassed to admit, I couldn't remember when I met him after the show). Sorry dudes... but your cakes ARE Heavenly!


Recently ate at Italiannies at The Curve. Never again. The only positive I can say is that the portions are large (yes, and that's not always a positive). Overpriced, undertasty. Bleh. Also, Marché at The Curve ain't all that hot. Singapore's one is faaaar superior, with greater variety and at relatively cheaper cost. I was even disappointed at the rösti here! Rösti (fried grated potatoes if you're culinarily wondering [wiki entry]; Alt-148 if you're geekily wondering) is absolutely yummilicious and has to be experienced at least once in anyone's lifetime. But go down to Singapore's Marché for it - unless someone can tell me of a good source of rösti here. Hmmm so far, the makan at The Curve has yet to impress me.


Plane passenger tells security penis pump is bomb. So, kids, no matter how excited you are about your newest toy, never say it's "da bomb" to men in uniform. On the other hand, if anyone's wondering what to buy me for my birthday, Vertu's coming up with a new phone. If you don't know what a Vertu is, fear thy ignorance not - they are merely the makers of the most ridiculously expensive mobile phones in the world [their website]. They are the Ferraris / Patek Philippes / double-latte-with-vanilla-shots where your phones are the Protons / Casios / kopi-o's. Ok a simpler parallel - your phone costs what, 4-digits RM at most? RM2k is expensive, right? You'd expect the full works muthafokker! Bluetooth, WiFi, 3G, EDGE, GPRS, and a dozen complimentary "oohs" and "aahs" from anyone who sees it. Yeah? Well ok here's a Vertu. Entry level model = 5-digits RM. No Bluetooth WiFi 3G EDGE. Possible GPRS. ZERO complimentary "oohs" and "aahs" from ANYONE ("what phone is that har? Never see before wan..."). Only a nod of approval from those in the know. But no plastic screen for you mate - only sapphire. Would you like your phone in gold or silver? Titanium perhaps? Laced with diamonds? Very good, sir. Ok I might exaggerate about the titanium, but not the rest. Serious shit - go check out the website for yourself. So yes, thank you in advance for my birthday present. I might sell it though...


Interesting shows in the area that I'll be going for: Butterfly Lovers, by the famed Dama Orchestra, at KLPAC; and Forbidden City, at Singapore's Esplanade. Both look most interesting and I am so looking forward to it. On a similar note, I'm seriously considering writing a play based on some people I know. Possibly a musical (yes I'm getting addicted to them). Their story is absolutely fascinating and totally drama-filled. Any input / ideas / contacts / suggestions / whatever, you know how to tell me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home