Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ways of the World

"You create your opportunities by asking for them."
- Patty Hansen


How serendipitous that the above quote appeared on my iGoogle the same day I got a very interesting offer. To not reveal too much, it concerns the website idea that I've been working on for the past half year, and how it (and I) would get funded. I was made a very interesting offer that I need to spend some serious quality time thinking about - the main issues being the time-investment required as well as the being accountable to someone else for this pet project of mine.

Then came recent conversations about the future of The Oral Stage - the direction it needs to go and what needs to be done. There's an exciting vision behind it all, so there's great potential and I've love take part in being responsible for it.

And then there's Agel, and then there's the acting. All great opportunities I asked for, and am now learning to juggle effectively and efficiently. Life is madness and I love it.


Funnily, all the above things reminded and led me to search for a book which I'd forgotten about - and to discover another one that I thought I'd lost. It has been said that this book, Conversations With God Book 3, can only be read when you're ready for it and I believe that (I only just found it again, didn't I). It IS a challenging read - mentally and spiritually - but thoroughly enjoyable and mind-blowing. The book I was actually looking for was The E-Myth Revisited, which I read about 2 years ago. I need to read it again now, having learned all I have since that time - and to think I only realised it when I had to look for it for Kelvin.

It's about running small businesses and I think it's a fundamental read for anyone who's looking to start a business or who's running a business.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home