Sunday, May 04, 2008

Some charity work, finally!

Through networking and the magic that is Facebook, I got involved with Soroptimist International's Charity Bachelor Auction this year. Nothing to do with CLEO's. Basically, what they do is get a bunch of bachelors and auction them off at a major dinner event. I suspect they'll ask them to do silly things on stage, probably perform their skills and all that. At the end of the day, it's all about doing things for charity - the auction is to raise money for breast cancer, and the purchased bachelors are to contribute their time for charity.

I've already done my pre-event work - spending time with the kids at Rumah Charis - and I loved it. I love giving and I know that I don't do enough of it to charity, so I jumped at the opportunity and had a blast. I think I actually feel insecure about contributing time to charity but anyway.

Earlier today I spent quite some time navigating the small streets of Pudu - and it is one labyrinth there, no doubt filled with hidden treasures - to find the design office of The Dude and The Duchess. Cool name eh. Cool office, too - one of those gems hidden in the rather ramshackle buildings situated along Jalan Sungai Besi (not the big sexy one that's been highwayed to Seremban but the kuchi-mayung one in Pudu).

Who are they? They are the ones who are dressing the tops of the bachelors of the event. I ended up with a faux jacket-vest combination which is damn bloody cool. Apparently it's a limited edition thing which they're only making 5 of, and right now I can't afford to get it. Dammit. Anyway, the label is launching next week at Bangsar Village 2 so look out for it! It actually belongs to a mover-and-shaker in the fashion and makan industries but I'm not revealing who. If the jacket-vase I wore is a sign, then I think they're gonna bring some much-needed oomph to male fashion in Malaysia.


Edit: found pic. Ignore the blur look on my face.
Ain't that a cool piece? And this was how I was told to pose:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home