Saturday, March 08, 2008

One Vote One Voice

One vote one voice,
Each cross a choice,
They'll hear the people,
Our voice will ring far.

One vote one voice,
Cross your choice,
For some real promise,
That's too good to miss.


The former's the earlier version of the lyrics to The Voting, which is Song #19 in Tunku the Musical whilst the latter's the final version we performed on stage. Sillily (what a word to make up) enough, I was humming that tune as I walked out of my primary school today after I had cast my vote.

And now, 12 hours after I had committed that momentous act, I sit in front of my TV anxiously following the results of the counting. Putting together a jigsaw puzzle, to keep my mind and hands occupied. The results are absolutely exciting so far - BN has yet to get the simple majority (though there's little doubt it will), and the opposition parties are making serious headway in getting Parliamentary representation. It's an excitement of such deep weight and importance, a clear view of the zeitgeist of the nation. And hearing the news as it breaks makes it all the more fun. Of course, there's also an element of wariness in why I'm doing this - there's a possibility of results being changed over the next few days, or worse - trouble afoot. Scarily, only 6 State results have been tabulated for Selangor. I suspect that it's a significant upset that the incumbent party's desperately trying to salvage. We shall see.

Exciting news: Samy's out, about bloody time. Sharizat's out, lost to Anwar's girl. Penang's out. Kedah's out. Crikey.

Most exciting update: a blogger, Jeff Ooi, has WON A PARLIAMENTARY SEAT. Check his blog out at www.jeffooi.com - looks like we'll be having a most fascination insight into our Parliament over these next 4/5 years.


Fear not, dear Malaysia, for there is hope yet.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home