Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Free Rice : Build Your Vocab, Help Others

Click on the banner or here to go to the site.

Basically, it's a vocabulary test and every time you get it right, they'll donate 20 grains of rice to whoever needs it. Keep playing and you can really build a nice pile of rice for that starving kid wherever. Yes, no more:

"Finish your rice!"

"But I'm full!!"

"Think about starving kids who don't even get to eat!"

"Ah, but with my kickass vocab, I've contributed 2000 grains to those kids!!"

"Oh you clever boy/girl/child, you!"

[cue cheesy music and cheesier smiles]


Every 3 right answers takes you 1 level up, every wrong answer knocks you down 1 level. The FAQ says "There are 50 levels in all, but it is rare for people to get above level 48." So of course, I mount my highest horse and go, "cheh my vocab kicks ass, I'll beat level 48."

Tonight, my best level is 43 and I'm at 2560 grains of rice. Too tired to keep trying (and I'll admit I've guessed a couple of those). Give it a shot - kick my ass and do some good!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole Fuchs said...

Cool site!!!
I claim 46 :-) But my french helps

11:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home