Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Moving rapidly on

How I Learned To Drive took up much more time and focus than I realised. Of course, I say that after every production so I'm just a dumbass who's not learning, right?

Anyway HILTD was an awesome run with not enough seats sold. It was a blast, had a lot of fun and learned a lot of things but most importantly got reminded of the sheer importance of marketing and publicity. We'll ace that next show.

I'm now in Kuching (first time, wahey!) quickly popping this note in to mark the passage of time (oh how it flies). I may not have the energy later on this trip as I'm shooting for Baya Rejang - a Malay tele-movie that's coming out on Astro Ria in August. It's been quite interesting so far: I've realised that my Malay is quite passable even if my vocab is a little (severely) lacking, that the crew are quite a solid, inspiring bunch (hats off to the director, DoP, sound & light team and production team), Monash University in Sunway's quite the lovely and Kuching's very the charming. Cast is generally good so far.

Tried some langkau. Strong stuff, not bad. Will be here for 10 days so I expect to try some tuak too. Thankful that I've free WiFi in my room. Harbour View Hotel's not half bad. Going into the Sarawak jungle tomorrow, fun!

1 Comments:

Blogger Maya Kismet said...

Don't forget to take pictures yea. Miss you!!

11:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home