Thursday, September 11, 2008

The art of regular flossing

Write it in your everyday 'to do' list. Works for me. It's like, "Hey I can complete a goal on my list in just a few minutes! Let's do it!"

Checkmark of victory. Wahey.

To think that it took me 8 months of telling myself to do it and not doing it, and then thinking that I should write it down as something to do every day and doing it.


Taking a look at the Wikipedia entry, I was surprised to see that flossing was invented circa 1815. Only around WW2 did it take its current form of nylon (by a scientist who was clearly contributing to the war). There's even an eco-friendly variant, it seems - but I've yet to see anything of the sort in shops here. What the hell would it be made of?

6 Comments:

Blogger Aran Chandran said...

Curiously I've been flossing and using mouth wash twice a day for the past couple of weeks. It's becoming second nature now. However there's the old age question of, do you floss before or after you brush?

9:20 am  
Blogger Nicole Fuchs said...

AFTER!!! Otherwise it's just too gross, no?

Hate flossing... has to be done though... For me it's like cleaning the drains...

3:30 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know flossing is a pain in the butt...I usually only have time at night...but during the day. like after lunch its a problem so I am using bryton pick and sometimes stimudents. They are easier than floss and it keeps my teeth clean without having to carry floss and take time for it...it my work for y'all! Thanks!

5:36 am  
Blogger Ray Abdul said...

You should floss BEFORE brushing. Flossing will loosen the food stuck between your teeth and gum, and brushing will remove it completely.

1:51 pm  
Blogger Bianca said...

Getting into the flossing habit is bothersome. Learning how to do it is easy, but making sure to floss daily is hard. It's best to set a pace that you can be comfortable with, so that you can get used to the act. That way, you'll end up with teeth that you and your dentist can be proud of.

-Bianca Jackson

10:52 pm  
Blogger Kevin Durant said...

Who knew flossing has such a rich history! I completely agree with writing it down on your to-do list, it's a simple yet effective way to ensure you don't forget. I'm glad to hear it worked for you! And yeah, I was also unaware of the eco-friendly floss, would love to try it out if I come across it. Thanks for sharing this interesting info!

-Kevin durant

1:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home