Friday, December 01, 2006

Dear ShittyBank...

Dear Sir / Madam,

As much as I appreciate ShittyBank's attempts at making its online services more secure, it has been a source of great frustration to me. I have been unable to use your online banking facility, and I do not expect something like this from a leading international bank.

I have made 10 attempts to log in today, to no avail. Usually, the login page never fully loads, which means that I am unable to enter my password (due to an unloaded "pop-up security keyboard"). The next hurdle is the blank page that appears AFTER a successful login - nothing happens for 10 minutes, after which a "refresh" leads to a "session timeout" page. Which begins the whole process again. Note that I made several attempts yesterday, as well as over the past week. Should ShittyBank like to provide a service that can only be accessed at 1.20am, it should have the decency to inform all its customers of such a limitation so that they do not waste their time on a pathetic excuse for "online banking".

My suggestion to ShittyBank is this: either get its IT act together (by way of increasing the bandwidth to/from the servers, or increasing the number of servers [assuming that they are load-sharing, if not then do so immediately], or optimising the code running the web services; preferably all three), or shut it down. It does not befit a world-class bank to provide such a slipshod service that reeks of incompetence.

ShittyBank is supposed to be the best in Malaysia. Don't make me wrong now.



Yours sincerely,


your very fucked-off customer


----------

Do you know what fucked me off even more after getting all upset while writing that? I clicked Send, and got this:
SESSION TIMEOUT. Stupid hairy mothers!!!


So I had to recall it all, and add this:

----------
PS - Note that this is the second time I am writing this message. The first one was unable to be sent because of "session timeout". Please get IT to look into an increased timeout for the messaging screens, or at the very least some kind of warning so that well-thought-out messages do not get lost by your lack of diligence.

----------

I've not been a happy chappy today, no sir.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adrian Choo said...

Bankers are wankers. Let them have it!

5:53 pm  
Blogger disco-very said...

ouch.

6:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home